FACING ALI...☆☆

As my wandering gaze fell on Ali and his friend, trickles of their words filtered to my ears amidst the noise around and my heart sank a bit. Lest Ali sees me staring blankly at him, I  turned my eyes and wondered how a boy a little over 10 years had so much confidence. He made the little ones scared and they avoided him except for Malik who was by far the biggest guy in our Primary Six class.
Having bruised a few noses and mouths of his peers, Ali was the terror of the class. He would threaten to beat anyone - friend or foe- who annoyed him, except for Malik whom gave Ali that look that said "WATCH IT" and it made him stay put around him, since he knew this was more than he could chew. The fact that he was a bully who was also intelligent made everyone avoid him, but he still had a way of coming after someone.
        One spring morning, as we all filed into class from assembly, it was strange to notice Ali's seat empty. The class felt lighter and happier till after 20minutes when he walked into class with a swollen upper
lip and the class burst into a melody of laughter for their enemy had a disfigured look, and he might as well leave us alone.yet he threatened those laughing. Well his seat mate who cared to ask him what happened to him, was told he was bitten by an insect while he slept...my mischievous mind blessed that insect...lol.
I always wondered who would shame the reign of Ali? 
     One beautiful sunny day, Ali was at it again threatening little Yusuf and for the first time a small guy talked back to Ali and he was outraged. But I was happy at the sidelines to notice someone wasn't scared of him afterall. The little scuffle that was settled in class as we thought wasn't over as we headed for lunch break. We only heard "they are fighting" and we emptied from the classroom to see the action Woohlaaa....Yusuf was  thrashing Ali in a decent struggle...the bell rang break was over, and Ali emerged with a bloody nose and a dirty uniform. Finally the terror of the class has been humbled by a little man, and so ended the reign of Ali.
While tidying dishes last night this whole scene flashed in my head and made me laugh a bit then it reminded me of some Ali's in my life I was afraid to face not until recently. 
     Well there may be some stubborn problems that dragged along from 2014, fears, bad relationships, and possibly truths about yourself that you haven't been able to look in the face and deal with..... I urge you to chin up and square shoulders up to those big Alis  and give a good fight, running from them keeps you bound to them. STAND AND FIGHT, YOU CAN WIN.You deserve every bit of the best of you in 2015..Did I say Ali never threatened or fought anyone in the class again? Permit me to borrow From the lyrics of the song "coward of the county" sometimes you have to fight if you're a MAN.

Comments

  1. The regret of old age is when we looked at the past and ŕealized how we cowardly avoided standing against those Ali's. God help us all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment