BREATHLESS, SPEECHLESS…. FRIENDSHIP



Today the blazing sun of Minna is still lazying in bed past its bed time, struggling to sneak a peek at us through the cloudy blankets, a feeling i totally understand. But it’s about the most beautiful weather we’ve had in more than three weeks of this semester and perfect for a walk.

From a two man walk out of campus the number increased till there was about eight of us guys just gisting about lectures, lecturers and their style of delivery, assignment, cars and you know the other things boys like to talk about. Amidst our walk filled with talk and laughter, one after the other the number reduced as each one got to the closest ally leading to his off-campus condominium.


 The number declined till it was shadow and I left, we lived the farthest of the group I guess. Shadow and I got talking and the connection was PAW!! We talked and laughed all the way, as we got close to my place I remembered I haven’t seen Miss Becky in days so I told Shadow I was going to stop over to check her, he was ecstatic and thankful I wondered until he said he had a crush on her, how she was his eye candy…you know how we guys’ say these things… OoH! I said, still thinking he was joking.

By the third knock at her door miss Becky opens the door looking ready for the party,
instantly Shadow became quiet; we greeted and I introduced them. I kicked off my sandals and walked in chatting freely, I took a sit at the corner of her neatly decorated and cozy room. She motioned to Shadow to bring his shoes in as he was still trying to take the second one off and the AC was on. She shut the door as he came in and took them off for a seat. And In that moment, everything changed.

Like the aroma of a freshly made steaming pot of soup wafting graciously into the room, this was the odour of something indescribable that had gone bad and been trapped in a pot for days, that finally found a way of escape, my oh My I was speechless. My wandering eyes caught the sight of a couple feathered insects hovering over the socks sticking out of his shoes; Miss Becky gave me that look, I found myself struggling to come up with conversation to keep the atmosphere moving. Well they both caught on, with Shadow scarcely contributing. After about 15 minutes, we left miss Becky’ Condo.

 Shadow decided to know my house so he walked me a few blocks to my apartment. I opened the door took off my sandals and walked in and didn’t see Shadow behind me. So, I called out what’s taking you so long man? He replied “Stone I don’t like taking off my shoes”, do I have to? I looked at my neat blue rug which I cleaned this morning and instantly the memory at Miss Becky’ came rushing at me, I replied swiftly “You ...

We are still very good friends till date, I guess you know what my reply was😜😉

Comments