FINDING ALEX 2...Knocking again



3 months later, slight headache and cramps in the office, bleeding by the time I got home, it was gone. I cried my eyes out, prayed, even lost my appetite. my mum had to come and stay with me. This was one of my lowest moment, felt like I took a hit and didn’t know how to get up. After a while, I got better and resumed work.

 
One beautiful Saturday morning, while I was cashing in on extra morning sleep, my cousin Larai called and was sharing something from her devotion; she said “God will do things at his time, not by how much you pray and fast”. I almost wished she never told me that, but I never lost my faith, i consoled myself that she meant it from a good place. Towards the end of that year my parents went to Shiloh and I knew they were praying for me, they returned reassuring me, that it will be well.


This was my seventh year, towards the end of January, a pastor friend of mine came visiting while he was on an assignment in town. He prayed and said this is my year, in the course of the prayer my husband got so emotional he shed a few tears; but I hardly paid attention. I’ve heard too many things like this.                                                                Anyway, life continued and sometime around June I decided to start another cycle of IVF treatment, I did the preliminary tests and examinations but couldn’t do the hormones test because of timing. I was rescheduled for the next month after my menstrual cycle, hence i paid in advance.  

 One day at work a colleague gave me a flyer inviting me to her church’ programme, I dropped it under my keyboard. But she kept reminding me. I went for the programme and I was blessed, after his morning ministration on the last day, I waited for the man of God who had been ministering powerfully. As he drove out of the venue, I ran after him pounding on his vehicle yet his driver won’t stop I kept screaming and hitting, then one of his aides in the car had to plead for him to stop. Finally, the car stopped and I was shocked that the tears rolled down my cheeks, but he asked were you inside for the service while I was praying? I replied “Yes” he said this is doubt then drove off.
I felt so bad, because i hoped he would pray or lay his hands on me or at least hear me out. Gosh I was so embarrassed, with everyone seeing my desperation and hearing what he said to me, I couldn’t turn back to where my car was parked, I took the longer route with head bent all the way. But I assured myself since I had prayed and sowed a seed in there which he committed to pray for I guess, that assayed my doubts. But as I drove home with thoughts rummaging the corners of my mind, I recalled that God answered prayers concerning two women on my prayer list and they have their babies, God I’m next I whispered to myself.



I got home and told my husband what happened, he looked at me mortified with horror and shock at the same time, then he said “be it done to you according to your faith woman”, to which I responded “Amen man”.  

  
Later that month I was expecting my monthly visitor so I could get on with my hormones test and it was delaying, so I kept waiting for it till the next month, thinking it was playing one of those it’s little tricks on me. It still didn’t show up I was worried by now not sure if it was a complication or the real deal, so I drove to the pharmacy after work on Friday to get a PT kit, but I didn’t have the nerve to take the test. I went to the hospital the next day in the morning and had the test, the result was positive, I couldn’t believe my eyes. The hospital gladly refunded my money for IVF treatment.


The pregnancy was going well and baby was healthy, but as at the 9th week, the fetal pole (heart beat) was yet to be detected, but the sac was growing. Oh, God please do what only you can do I prayed, the doctor being a Christian kept encouraging me. By the 11th week while scanning the doctor exclaimed “Thank you Jesus” the fetal pole was detected. During the pregnancy period, I suffered physical and spiritual attacks, to the point my marriage almost broke up; But God fought my battles and gave me Victory. The emotional stress during the pregnancy was overwhelming, hardly was my prayer time in my last trimester not accompanied with tears, yet God did not sleep off on me. Alas I conceived and gave birth naturally to a healthy, chubby little man.


Lest I bore you with more story, today my Alex is 3 years old and my twin daughters are six weeks old, I’m just so grateful that when I remember the story to this point I laugh so hard I end up in tears, I know God answers prayers and he will always come through for those who wait on him. If you ever have to wait on God be sure to know he never disappoints. I hope this story encourages someone out there waiting and believing God.

Comments

  1. Lovely testimony! It ended well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your write ups are always inspiring hope in your readers.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing story... Weldone

    ReplyDelete
  4. The God that did it for you when all hope is gone will do it for me,amen.Say me well to Alex n the twins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our God, the Present Help in the day of trouble. God be with you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment