BE MY HELP!



An event happened recently that made me remember an email I received some years ago from an older friend. The title was “PRAYER FOR DESTINY HELPERS” and it had a list of prayer points I had never thought of prior to that time and they were quite informative & compelling
prayer points.



Early in the year, A colleague and I went to visit a a former colleague who was bereaved, on our way out we saw a lady returning from the holiday and she had 3 big bags, (the largest size Ghana must go bag, and two Large bags) including her hand bag and her son walking beside her. I could see she was tired and burdened by the number of bags she had to carry to her destination and watching over her son as they walked on the service lane of a busy highway.

While she was hurrying with the luggage with the little boy in front of her, she would go some distance and stop for a rest. Then continue quickly to cover the distance ahead, in one of those starts the luggage slipped under the little boy’s feet and he fell face down on the road
. By standers and those selling their wares went:  aww  awww…sorry o! “Madam Stop pushing him na! and angrily she responded "I did not push him!" Without looking at anyone, rather clutching unto the straps of the bag as she waited for him to get back up.

 And in the hustle of rush hour everyone heading their own way, she was just another site of a returning traveler. From behind her I walked over with my colleague and asked where are you going? “she answered” I picked one of the bags, my colleague pick the second and held her son by the hand and she gave a beautiful smile revealing her pearly white teeth. We helped her to where she was to take a bus and we walked away not before she said so many Thank yous’.


The incident reminds me of the number of times we have spent praying for a helper to come to our rescue on that big issue, a connection, recommendation, give us a push and yet we don’t realize we could be the helper someone else is praying for in their little situation. While you are praying for a destiny helper to come soon, remember you are the answer to someone’s prayer for a destiny helper.

Comments

  1. So we could be or are answers to someone's prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmmm..... Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I saw the suffering and pain around me and I asked God.. Why don't you do something? Then He said I already did.. I created you!". Nice piece

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. Just hits home the fact that though things around us might be bleak, we still have somtin that God has placed in each one of us that can make a huge impact in someone's life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment