2014 in Hind Sight

I wrote my goals for 2013 and i was bursting with energy and excitement as i knocked off one item after the other on the list. by October the list was exhausted so December was just full of thanksgiving for me as i looked forward to 2014. 


The celebration of the new year was over and i was getting set to work out my goals, oh my! i was in for a shock as one challenge came on the heel of another. there were good times to laugh, there were moments of encouragement, but as my effort fell short on target repeatedly i was largely discouraged, lost interest on some but as a weary soldier i trudged on taking each day as it comes.


As the wheel of 2014 was grinding to a halt i wondered if that was all the year held for me...little by little some pieces of the jigsaw puzzle started to come together with some stains of achievement and recognition. in one of the moments of despair i wrote a poem coming up later. 
... I said to myself what a bitter sweet year. some of you may have had your 2014 similar to mine, better or even worse than mine i urge you not to loose hope in 2015, even  though the year has begun just press on with your little effort at your goals and watch what God would do.

Cheers to a 2015 that's much better than we expected.

Comments

  1. should have posted this earlier than this but....
    compliments of the season friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. We might not always get what we want, but lossing hope is lossing life itself. Nice write

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Same for me. 2014 was...... quite ordinary. And bitter sweet. May our dreams come true in 2015

    ReplyDelete
  4. To achieve goals is to plan, implement and execute. Action speak louder than words. My dear friend, stay focused and you shall conquer. A poem. Bitter sweet memories is boring. Carle diem Imi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't lose hope

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment