TROUBLE IN THE CREEKS...




As an itinerant engineer, I spend time on projects from planning to execution and it has afforded me the opportunity to travel and spend time varying from months to weeks and days in different locations. I’ve been able to see various cultures, traditions, festivals etc. also, I’ve met very good people that have inspired me by their stories and more, I’ve also met bad habits too, as well  people of different faith and varying levels of commitment. Working out on locations comes with its pros and cons, but I see them as opportunities and i appreciate each one of them and the people I have to work with. 

The events you are about to read, is a true story that had me a bit rattled when I was asked for help, I wonder if u will be able to help me here…
In one of my trips I met this tall ebony skinned young man with a deep and appealing baritone and whose smile reveals his sparkling ivory dentition, definitely a good looking guy in his mid or late thirties’ I guess. Well work started and we had to interact at various level seeking each others help or opinion on technical things as relating to the project and the likes. We soon got, got to talk about other things like the environment we were working in, the people, the differences and soon we adjusted to the environment and made friends with the community people.  But what stood out for me was his faith and passion for his job.  Sometimes I’ll resume to find him studying his bible in the office.
After about 4 months on the project, I just returned from the sun to take some rest in the office and met him looking dull and I asked if he was ok? He answered “sure”, so I moved my attention to other things. By evening rumors started flying around of a small flame rising not far away. But I ignored it.              
  
One unrepentant sunny afternoon, as I headed out to grab a drink, I saw uniformed men in the company of some familiar faces, walking in to the site to see him,
as I heard them salute him in a friendly manner, it didn’t seem like trouble so I got busy with finding the solution to my thirst.
About a week later, he said to me “Engr. I don’t know what to do”. You know this lady na? I said “yes. The one that came with officers the other day? I noticed I haven’t been seeing her here for a while o! He continued… that well i had gotten close with her and that i enjoyed some fringe benefits and now she said she is pregnant, I thought she was joking about it 2 months back, but those uniformed men that came, came because of that and she is 3 months gone. My wife will just kill me”. My jaw dropped. He went on and on about not wanting this kind of trouble and he doesn’t know what to do, and his wife had warned him… how he was disappointing her and his job etc…the talk goes on and how he was told aborting it at this stage is quite risky.

He asked “Engr. what am I going to do?” I tried to think but I was clueless as to what to say, as I tried to clear my throat to say you have to tell …he cut me quickly saying “I can’t, I can't... just pray for me” then i asked "what other option do you have?. He called me again tonight and asked the same question what should I do?
Please could you all help with some word of advice….

Comments

  1. Hahahahaha... well d guy don enta sha! The unborn child is innocent though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm!! Action and consequence. Part of being a man is knowing this inseparable friends, learning to avoid the action or live with the consequence. He should tell his wife and hope she is forgiving enough to accomodate his error.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lolsss....stolen water is sweet...i think that's an innocent child and a product of passion and wild romance... The guy should just increase his budget to include mother and child jarey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God gives life ,the trust from the wife is gone but wetin bring police come the matter? Sha he should prostrate in the middle of the night, start crying and say the truth cos the truth is always bitter but would set you free

    ReplyDelete
  5. The road ahead will certainly be difficult for the fellow in question,but if he is truly a believer,then telling his wife quickly and keeping the baby is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Difficult but simple, do the right thing this time. I would encourage the guy to confess the misdeeds to his wife and beg for forgiveness. He sowed and reaped as the law of nature holds, as a responsible man he must cut the emotional ties with the lady but still support the lady through delivery of the baby. If he has doubts concerning the pertanity of the child, he can do a perternity test to clear the doubts. If I were d guy, i'd ask my wife about taking the child from the girl. That way she can continue her life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment