ANYWHERE but here...



Have you ever made frantic efforts to find something or locate a place in the heat of the day? yeah, it could be annoying and for the emotional ones like me, we would cry...

Today was another a bright Monday morning, and work started on a calm note not without much clearing out left for items to be delivered. In the course of the day’s work, one of our teams was running out of funds to continue with its work, and so they put forward a request and as the accountant I was issued a cheque to cash so major transactions could be cleared out before close of work. 

I rushed off to the bank, positive I had my identity card on me. I filled the necessary documentation and waited for a confirmation of the cheque. While on the queue,
it was about my turn so I reached for my wallet to get my id card to attach it to the cheque in my hand, only to discover I didn’t have it, I searched my wallet, my pocket, my diary but couldn’t find it, I was so upset I excused myself from the queue and those behind were glad they were a step closer….

Angered and distraught I came out of the bank hopped into the car and headed back to the office and searched all the chests of my drawer, the books on my table and even the copier…. everywhere I could possibly think of. Considering how important this transaction was, I was a bit worried and this was already 3:00pm, I considered the possibility that I had left it at home, I told a colleague who volunteered to help me check and he scattered my table all the more. Tired, I sat to think where it could be and wishing the card would call out from its hiding place, I was already under pressure from the clearing team, and the bank would close at 4pm…I was in a tight corner. After some moment of quiet, I picked my diary from the table as I flipped its pages it fell from my hand to the floor, I leaned forward to pick it up and I saw my Id card on the floor, it fell from the diary…with a smile I picked it up and sighed.
 I got into the bank at exactly 3:47pm and was able to get the transaction done in a jiffy…boy oh boy….what a day!
This experience, reminded me of how most times we spend our time searching in the distances for things that are right before us….sometimes we search for who we are in other peoples success stories, for a helper and a hero from the blue skies, a spouse in stilettos and many more, but never take the time to look within and around us.. 

Comments