WARDROBE AND STYLE


I opened my wardrobe and it was really a struggle to get what to wear, this didn’t go with that and this was not appropriate for the occasion….and all that wardrobe crisis. Then it hit me that I needed to audit my wardrobe… some of my clothes had lost fit, many I had not worn, somehow I was able to get something to wear before I was late to work for that day.
Fashion wahala….. Thank God Saturday was around the corner so I called a fashionista friend of mine who obliged my request to come give me a helping hand on Saturday. She came quite early and we started the process she established some facts like: my colours based on my complexion
                                                                              : My personal style.
After getting those points right, we opened my wardrobe and started applying the information ….in retrospect
I realized that part was difficult, because I had to let go some clothes I really liked, infact I had become attached to some of them that even after taking them out of my closet I could not come to terms with not using them again that it took me a while to even give them out.
However we continued checking the clothes and styles with regard to my personal style and colours, along the line I discovered new colours I had considered off, styles I thought were just not for me, I gave up some of my things easily because of what I wanted to achieve and when we were done on the process, and I had a list of what I needed to buy to accessorize, and complement my wardrobe. I heaved a sigh of relief, then a flood of emotion overwhelmed me as I looked into my wardrobe, I felt a sense of achievement deep within.
As I laid in my bed for the night after the days’ activity my mind began pondering on a lot of things as it related to the process my wardrobe and style had gone through. Suddenly it hit me clearly that in life, I also had to audit the people/ friends I kept, from time to time, in order not to keep those I don’t need and not to lose those I need.
I began to pen down my purpose and vision in life and I knew that I had more people than I needed and I most of the time i lost focus because of this, so my next goal was to begin to define whom I was relevant to, and whom was relevant to me, and where their relevance was in this vision.
 Dear friends its’ your responsibility to determine who you keep in your circle and why you keep them, bear in mind that association is an important aspect in every man’s life, little wonder the old proverb says “show me your friends and I will tell you who you are”  permit me to add “ and where you are headed”.
In the end, when all is said and done, it was your call to make the decision.

Comments

  1. your friends, your inner circle generate influences that in turn affect you. choose wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one. if only we could do this more often, you will be amazed how meaningful our lives will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good but you need to help those friends who are not right to be right. A nice article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is great,true talk.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment